Application Developer Internship 2021
Nustream are an industry leading provider of document hardware, software, services and solutions. Our portfolio of document provision includes office printing hardware and consumables, print audits, Managed Print Services (MPS) and business process simplification and automation solutions.
We are looking for an ambitious Applications Developer to join our team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish a detailed program specification through discussion with clients
- Clarify the actions the program is intended to perform
- Write the program – to do this you’ll break down program specification into its simplest elements and translate this logic into a programming language
- Work as part of a team – which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the program
- Test sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- Install the program into production, once testing is complete
- Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems
- React to problems and correct the program as necessary
- Evaluate and increase the program’s effectiveness.
- Adapt the program to new requirements, as necessary
- Conduct user acceptance testing, to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately.
- Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
- Update, repair, modify and develop existing software and generic applications.
- Ideally undergraduate in computing
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly organised and quick learner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of at least one computer language
- Enjoys being part of a team but also works well under own initiative
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Willingness to travel for events
For more information…
For information about any job roles please contact Lucy Shannon at Lucy@nustream.co.uk